Planning a trip out of the frigid North East to New Mexico this Feb.
Thinking of going roughly the third week of Feb.
I have never been to NM before... and being from CT, a very small state that you can drive one end to the other in a few hours, the size of NM may be throwing me off and Im not sure my proposed itinerary is even possible in a 9 day trip... Before I book I'd like to get some feedback from you guys! Thanks in advance!!
** Basic Itinerary:
- Arrive ABQ, spend one night (poss two)
- Drive to Santa Fe, check out the Kasha-Ketuwe Tent Rocks on the way. Spend two nights - check out Ghost Ranch.
- After the caverns, same day (is that nuts??) drive rt82 to rt70 through the white sand desert, through Las Cruces, to Truth Or Consequences (is this possible in the same day?). Arrive early enough to stay and ENJOY one night at Riverbend (?) hot springs. (May need to stay a night at Las Cruces prior to T or C??)
- Drive back up to ABQ area, spend two nights at Los Poblanos Inn. Check out Petroglyph Natl Monument, and more of ABQ, but also allowing time to enjoy the farm.
- Head to airport...
- Am I trying to pack too much into a 9 day excursion? By my calculations I may need to add an extra day...
- Is my driving time and points of interest do-able?
- Any suggestions for things to see, places to eat/stay? In addition to or in place of anything mentioned above.
Thanks so much!! I really look forward to hearing back from everyone.