We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turquoise Trail driving time

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Turquoise Trail driving time

We are planning to drive the Turquoise Trail from Albuquerque to

Santa Fe then carry on to Ojo Caliente the same day. Will visit Sante Fe for a few days later in the trip.

How long should we allow with stops ?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
805 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

Not sure what kind of stops you have in mind. Drive time without stops is an hour. So it all depends what you want to do along the way. Time of year may factor in, could be snow to deal with soon.

http://www.turquoisetrail.org/faq/

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,482 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

Albuquerque to Hwy 14 to Santa Fe is at least 1.5 to 2 hours of driving more with a short lunch stop in Madrid. From SF to Ojo Caliente is another hour + depending on time of day. During rush hour it can take longer.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

It will be in early June

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

I guess I was wondering what spots are worth a stop or visit along the way.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
7,662 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

From the I-40 to North, on the 14 ... Should the day be clear, drive the 536 up to the crest of the Sandia Mtns. you get the same 200 mile views as the tram ride for a gallon of gas ... I'll suggest lunch at the San Marcos country cafe about 6 miles North of Madrid... About 5 miles further down the road ... you can miss driving through Santa Fe proper, by turning left to the 599 by pass route ... carracar

Edited: 02 November 2013, 04:06
Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

This brochure was helpful for me when planning my drive along the Turquoise Trail:

turquoisetrail.org/images/uploads/Turquoise-…

To drive up Sandia Crest, I'd guess it took me 15 minutes each way. Everything else is directly on or just off 14.

7. Re: Turquoise Trail driving time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:17