We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very special 1st trip for 6 women

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Very special 1st trip for 6 women

Hello New York!! We are so excited to visit. My sister and I (47,45) will be accompanied by our mom (65), aunt, mother in law, and sister in law. We would like to walk quite a bit but need to accomodate the group. No one in our group seems inclined to put together an itinerary. I use this site for all my trips; trip advisor forums rock! I am a busy nurse trying to get these plans together. This I know for sure: we are arriving noon october 4th for 4 nights staying at the Warwick. I'm the dork who wants to go to the Today show on the 5th. We have matinee tickets to The Lion King sat. followed by dinner at tavern on the green. Ground zero and Strawberry Fields are non negotiable stops. I like the idea of going straight to the statton island ferry upon arrival. Can we then go to SoHo or is that too much for the first day? I really want to go to Bed or another nightclub from S.. and the City. My sister and I have the fantasy of starting each day with a walk to Central Park and back, stopping by a cafe for coffee. I am also intrigued by the peaut butter place. ALL help greatly appreciated!!

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very special 1st trip for 6 women

There are so many options available. Perhaps this is an idea for an itinerary.

1 - You can go to Ground Zero the first day. The Soho area is a few train stops away and you will be around the area of Greenwich Village and Little Italy to.

2 - The Lion King is a great play and after dinner you should have time for a club. As far as clubs, you can check out Time Out New York Magazine to see what is good. With comedy clubs, I do not recommend Dangerfields or the National Comedy Theater but I do like Chicago City Limits for Improv.

3 - You can go to Central Park to see Strawberry Fields. I'd recommend the Central Park Zoo at that point. From there you can consider a musuem and that depends what interests you. I like the Musuem of Television and Radio on 52nd Street near 5th Avenue but there is also the Guggenheim, Metropolitan Musuem of Art, or the Musuem of Natural History which are very popular. If you like midieval architecture, I'd recommend taking the A Train to 190st Street and walk through Fort Tryon Park to the Cloisters Musuem. The Cloisters is great.

4 - In your last day, you still have many options. The Empire State Building is nice and then you can decide on another museum or the Circle Line cruise. Perhaps take in another play. There is a place to wait on line to get 1/2 price tickets around 47th and Broadway. A Mets or Yankee game may be fun if that interests you.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very special 1st trip for 6 women

I realized you said Oct. 4 for 4 nights. At that time if the Yankees or Mets are playing, it would be post season so if you really wanted to go to such a game, you'd have to plan way in advance if that interested you.

Shopping on 5th Avenue may also be fun if that interests you and you can stop at Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick Cathedral.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very special 1st trip for 6 women

By the way, this is the more general forum for the entire state of New York.

You'll have more luck if you post this question on the New York City forum. You can also read the FAQ "sticky" post at the top of the New York City forum. It includes a list of "must see" things and, at the bottom, collections of trip reports by recent travelers.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1341195… Look_here_before_you_post_NYC_FAQs-

P.S. It is the Staten Island Ferry.

4. Re: Very special 1st trip for 6 women

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 16:15