We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Efficent way to see New York

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,282 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Most Efficent way to see New York

What would be more a convenient way to transport around New York to see all the landmarks etc.

Would going independent on foot and taking subway,public transport good?

Or would doing the Grey line tours, hop on hop off tour the best way to go?

What do you all recommend?

As well, where do I find a map with all the attractions located?

Thank you

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Efficent way to see New York

It is hard to answer this question without more information. You would need to determine what sites interest you most and it would help to know how long you are staying.

The Gray Lines tours offer different options. The experience is probably good but if you don't mind taking the trains you can see the major attractions without the tour. I recommend the following.

1 - Central Park

2 - Empire State Building

3 - A musuem - Metropolitan Musuem or Art, The Cloisters, Museum of Television and Radio, Guggenheim, Musuem of Natural History are good choices.

4 - Statue of Liberty

5 - Neighborhoods like Greenwich Village, Chinatown, and Little Italy

6 - A Broadway Play would be nice to see. A Chorus Line, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast are good. Avoid Hairspray

Have a good trip and let us know how it goes.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Efficent way to see New York

This is the more general forum for the entire state of New York.

You'll have more luck if you post this question on the New York City forum. You can also read the FAQ "sticky" post at the top of the New York City forum. It includes a list of "must see" things and answers to most of your questions.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1341195… Look_here_before_you_post_NYC_FAQs-

I'd also suggest to get a good guide book.

3. Re: Most Efficent way to see New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 05:30