We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see and must do...?

amsterdam
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Must see and must do...?

Hi,

We will be going to the big apple in September. Can anyone suggest thing we must do or see?

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see and must do...?

This is dependent on what interests you most. I would recommend a tour such as Gray Lines where you hop on and off the bus. Here are some of the most popular attractions

Empire State Building

Central Park

Greenwich Village

Walk around Broadway and go to a play

Walking and Shopping along 5th Avenue

Here are some other ideas.

1 - Museums. - Some good ones are Musuem of Natural History, Guggenheim, Metropolitan Musuem of Art, Museum of Television and Radio, and the Cloisters.

2 - The Bronx Zoo

3 - Circle Line Cruise

4 - Take the train to Brooklyn Heights for some nice restaurants and some great views of lower Manhattan.

5 - The Rangers have preseason games in late September at Madison Square Garden which is fun.

Have a nice trip.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see and must do...?

This is the more general forum for the entire state of New York.

You'll have more luck if you post this question on the New York City forum. You can also read the FAQ "sticky" post at the top of the New York City forum. It includes a list of "must see" things.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1341195… Look_here_before_you_post_NYC_FAQs-

I'd also suggest to get a good guide book.

3. Re: Must see and must do...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 04:16