We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new york to toronto canada

melbourne
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
new york to toronto canada

Hi there just wondering how far it was in hours from new york to toronto canada and where to stay on the way.

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new york to toronto canada

mapblast.com has New York to Toronto as 7 hours and 25 minutes. I like the Homewood Suites in Rochester, NY.

If you go through Syracuse, you may want to go a few miles out of the way and stop at Chittenango Falls State Park or stop in Ithaca where you have nice waterfalls and wineries.

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new york to toronto canada

A few years ago I got a Greyhound bus with a mate. We travelled overnight both ways and it took about 8 hours I think.

The best thing with going overnight is that the bus is empty so it's pretty easy to sleep. I thought it would be a hellish journey but it wasn't.

MASSACHUSETTS
Level Contributor
85 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new york to toronto canada

Hi Christine - A few years ago my family drove from central Massachusetts through upstate New York to Toronto. It took 10 hours, with a few rest stops along the way (there are many, many rest stations). We did not stay anywhere overnight along the way. My husband and I took turns driving. Have you been to Toronto before? The CN Tower is worth the elevator ride to the observation deck and glass floor. Amazing. Other than that, Toronto was very congested traffic wise and not at all scenic or old world. But, if you make your journey in late September or October the fall foliage will be spectacular!

melbourne
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: new york to toronto canada

thank you for all your feedback. cant wait

5. Re: new york to toronto canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 02:16