We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

hi! we live in brooklyn ny

we are looking for a nice relaxing getaway for a couple of days would'nt mind drivig up to 4 hours

does not have to be in ny co, pa, nj, ny, any of the above states but a nice relaxing place for me and my wife

thanks for any recomadations

yidyb

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

What time of year will you be traveling?

Are you looking for a B&B? Spa? Shopping?

What setting?

new york
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

hi!

thanks

we would like to go in may not looking for shopping nice hotel or resort at the water at a nice lake or some nice views etc

thanks

yidyb

NY
Level Contributor
775 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

I think Stowe, Vt. is beautiful though will take about 6-7 hours from New York city. I stayed at the Golden Eagle hotel which is great and from there you are close to great restaurants, mountain scenery, and a biking trail. It is very tranquil.

You may also want to go to Ausable Chasm first which is beautiful and from there take a ferry to Burlington, Vt and then you are about 45 minutes to Stowe.

Perhaps not as far you will find Ithaca, NY and Cooperstown, NY to be quite relaxing and serene.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

Check out the Sagamore Hotel or Boathouse B&B in Bolton Landing, NY. The lake and the views are spectacular. May is before peak season.

5. Re: looking for a relaxing getaway for 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 15:20