We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York State Question

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New York State Question

We are a mid 50s couple looking for a place to get away from NYC for about 3 days. We would like something relaxing and romantic with good restaurants, nice scenery, maybe some hiking and biking within a 3 hour drive of the city. Would like recommendations for an inn or B&B and the budget would be in the $200 per night range. It doesn't have to be NY, it could be another state within that driving time. Thanks for your thoughts.

NY
Level Contributor
774 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York State Question

The area around the Hudson Valley can easily keep you busy for a few days. Here are some ideas and you can see what interests you.

Nice Wineries

Benmarl in Marlboro, NY

Warwick Wiery

Milbrook Winery - If you go there also go to Inisfree Gardens nearby - It is beautiful.

Storm King Sculpture Park

West Point Military Academy

If you like art and it is a Saturday www.artalongthehudson.org

Lake Minnewaska State Park about 10 miles from New Paltz. New Paltz is a nice town.

There are many performing arts venues depending on the time of year such as Museum Village in Monroe, County Players In Wappingers, UPAC in Kingston, and Rhinebeck Performing Arts Center. Also Bananas Comedy Club in Poughkeepsie.

Restaurants I recommend

1 - Coppola's La Fantasia

2 - Lake View House

3 - Guidetti's - this would be combine with a trip to Milbrook

4 - Antonella's

5 - Lobster Pier in Chester - this would be a reasonable distance from Warwick Winery or Storm King Sculpture Park

Since this is such a vast area, maybe a hotel in Newburgh or Fishkill is a good location. I am not familiar with inns and B&B. Some possible ideas are Hampton Inn Newburgh, Holiday Inn Fishkill, or Hotel Sierra Suites Fishkill. Newburgh may be a bit more central for these ideas but you are closer to Stewart Airport so I do not know if noise will be an issue.

Have a great trip.

NY
Level Contributor
774 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York State Question

Correction - www.artalongthehudson.com

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York State Question

Yes - the Hudson Valley would be my choice. I don't know if the previous poster gave you this link but perhaps you would find this also useful....

http://www.hudsonrivervalley.com/

There are beautiful mansions along the Hudson. Many historical homes and sites.

4. Re: New York State Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 23:21