We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't want to get lost in NYC

Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
Don't want to get lost in NYC

I'm planning a trip with my daughter and a friend and would like to see different things but have been to NYC before and got lost and didn't see much! So please help! We are getting off at 6th Ave between 48th and 49th where do we go from there? Any ideas?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't want to get lost in NYC

This is the forum for New York State. You will get more responses if you repost your question on the forum New York City, found here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't want to get lost in NYC

Why not either download/print a map of Manhattan from your computer, or buy a map/tour book for NYC? How can we tell you where to go?? That's up to you and what you decide you want to see/do while you're here. It's actually very easy to get around NYC......Think of Manhattan as a basic rectangle sitting on it's short side (like the shape of a grandfather clock). Avenues run North to South....and from the east side of the island (First Avenue) to the west side (9th 10th 11th aves...) The streets (midtown) run from East to West across the island. The higher the street number,the further north you are, and visa versa.

3. Re: Don't want to get lost in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 19:18