We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from New York to Raleigh

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Travel from New York to Raleigh

Hi All

I am an Aussie and first time to East Coast United States. I want to travel from New York to Raleigh and would like some suggestions on the best way to do it and are there some must do things on the way. I would prefer not to drive myself and although flying would be quicker I would like to see some of the country on the way down. Over to you. Thanks in anticipation for your help!

Deb g

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from New York to Raleigh

Hi Debit,

I think if you want to see parts of the country you should consider renting a car and driving. It is not a bad drive.

Here are some places you may want to check out.

I am not sure how much time you have:

If you have the time, you can go west to Pennsylvania and check out Lancaster County Amish country. http://www.padutchcountry.com/

This is a very interesting area to see. There are alot of things to see and do.. I would suggest staying 1-2 nights.

Then you can head south to Baltimore Maryland and then on to Washington DC.

From DC continue to Raleigh. I lived in Raleigh for several years and made the drive many times. It is a long drive but if you split it up its not bad.

Tell me what you like to do.. what are your interests.. how much time do you have etc.. and I am more than happy to help you more.

Let me know if you have questions.

Sun

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from New York to Raleigh

Hi Sunryz710

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you but I was asking about Raleigh for a friend who does not have access to a computer and he is just not getting back to me so thanks for your trouble but I will just leave it now. In future it will just be my questions.

thanks again

Deb

3. Re: Travel from New York to Raleigh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 05:42