We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars or lounges with killer views

West Midlands
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bars or lounges with killer views

I am planning a trip in September 09 for our honeymoon in New York. I want to surprise my fiance by taking her to a rooftop bar or lounge for cocktails. Can anyone advise on accessable places as i understand some like A60 lounge is very exclusive. Im just after a bar or lounge which offers fantastic views without sleeping in the hotel. It does not have to be rooftop as long as the views are great

many thanks Dave

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,390 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,004 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars or lounges with killer views

1) You posted on the NY Forum instead of the NY CITY forum which gets a lot more readership. It's here

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

2) Here's a list of restaurants with views, many of which have bar areas.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c67171/New-Yor…

3) There are lots of different views, some inside, some rooftop outside. Most hotels don't require you stay there to use their bar, rooftop or not. Some are very fancy and some are not. The Peninsula hotel just off 5th ave. has a nice rooftop bar that's recently been redone (have not been there since it reopened).

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars or lounges with killer views

I rarely respond to the NYC posts. But this question caught my attention because a few years back I was in NYC for the New Year celebration and enjoyed the bar/lounge at the Mandarin Oriental. It was a beautiful view of Central Park the NYC skyline. I would imagine that being there at dusk and seeing the buildings all light up would be just amazing. We were not staying there. I would have enjoyed it more if we were more dressed up ... the staff were gracious and never blinked an eye but I had on a faded pair of jeans and a duster (looked like I was from the outback). But still...gorgeous view.

3. Re: Bars or lounges with killer views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 10:19