We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

faregeek

NYC
Level Contributor
639 posts
54 reviews
faregeek

Hi,

has anybody used faregeek to book flights?

Good or bad experiences?

Thanks so much.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,299 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
556 Reviews
from US$34.00*
toronto
2 posts
1. Re: faregeek

Pricewise it's the best. No one can beat their longhaul flight deals.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,653 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: faregeek

I would try posting on the Air Travel fourm

Flagstaff, Arizona
1 post
3. Re: faregeek

If it's not too late, I would avoid booking with faregeek if possible. They saved us a little bit of money on a flight, then turned out to have very poor customer service.

They charged our travel insurance to the wrong person's credit card (the owner of the credit card turned out to be their chief financial officer, of all things), and they did NOT notify us when British Air moved one of our flight times back by 12 hours--since this was the second leg of the trip, this made the whole trip impossible. I know that airlines move flights all the time, but you would expect your booking agent to inform you--orbitz always contacts us in cases like this.

Their explanations for both of our problems above were extremely vague and unsatisfactory--something to do with the 'wrong code' and the 'wrong amount', etc.

Their customer service does not always seem to be open at the posted times (they claim to be open on Sundays, but never answered the phone). Also, do not trust their recording where they promise to call you back if you leave a message--average wait time for me with that service was 2 days, and then I just got tired of waiting and called them back.

So please, save yourself a headache, and book with someone else.

toronto
2 posts
4. Re: faregeek

My experience with faregeek has been nothing but positive. I would definately recommend them for your travel needs. As a business professional I have used their service several times. I travel alot for work and their fares have proven to be the cheapest available. Their options are flexible and accomodate my travel times which can vary depending on meetings.

Not only did I get a cheaper airfares (subtantial savings) but the customer service agents I talked to were extremely helpful. When calling their customer service - I encountered polite and courteous professionals that helped me one time make iternary changes and the second time book travel insurance. Faregeek has the best fares out there by far, and good customer service. I will be booking my family vacation (5 of us) with them too!!! A+++

Los Angeles...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: faregeek

I purchased tickets from faregeek two months ago and still my credit card has not been charged. This led me to suspect whether any tickets had actually been purchased. I called the airline and they confirmed the booking reservation. Then I called faregeek to ask why my card had not been charged. They were rude and insisted that the fare had already been charged. But I double-checked my credit card statement and no charge has occurred. I hope they didn't charge my tickets to the wrong person. Or even worse, I hope they don't cancel our tickets b/c of lack of payment. I wish I had gone through a more reputable booking agent. The anxiety and rude customer service is not worth the small discounts.

New York City, New...
1 post
6. Re: faregeek

We used faregeek to book our tickets to my cousin's wedding in the UK. Tickets are well expensive during the summer so we shopped around an came across this site. Fares were cheaper than some of the other sites we searched. I ended up booking online and got our tickets ok. Just got back from abroad. The extra cash I saved became my spending cash so all in all I would used them again.

New York City, New...
1 post
7. Re: faregeek

I booked the ticket through them from NY to India. It was very easy and very good experience. thanks faregeek

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
8. Re: faregeek

I just booked a flight (YVR-LHR) with faregeek. The price was great 1/2 the cost of any other website. My only complaint was that they did not send me an email confirmation even though the said they did. Also the BA confirmation number did not work. I had to phone BA to confirm my reservation. All in all minor details. I will definitely book with them again.

Calgary
4 posts
9. Re: faregeek

I just booked a ticket from them to Peru for really cheap compared to other sites. Everything is fine when you do it online, but I get the picture that if anything goes wrong, they would be impossible to get hold of, let alone deal with.

I just tried to book a one-way flight, in addition to my already booked flight, to which the site told me that I needed to call them to make that specific booking. I have been trying to reach them for two days now during their posted business hours. It just keeps ringing and looping back to the answering voice that tells me it will connect me to an agent. I let this go on speaker phone for half an hour thinking it was just their form of putting one on hold until a rep was available. It eventually just hung up on me.

Not very comforting to know that they cannot be reached, even in the form of an answering machine, in the event of a discrepancy or emergency.

Calgary
4 posts
10. Re: faregeek

I just booked a ticket from them to Peru for really cheap compared to other sites. Everything is fine when you do it online, but I get the picture that if anything goes wrong, they would be impossible to get hold of, let alone deal with.

I just tried to book a one-way flight, in addition to my already booked flight, to which the site told me that I needed to call them to make that specific booking. I have been trying to reach them for two days now during their posted business hours. It just keeps ringing and looping back to the answering voice that tells me it will connect me to an agent. I let this go on speaker phone for half an hour thinking it was just their form of putting one on hold until a rep was available. It eventually just hung up on me.

Not very comforting to know that they cannot be reached, even in the form of an answering machine, in the event of a discrepancy or emergency.