We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway shows

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway shows

Where is best to buy tix from? Ticketmaster online or TKTS?

any deals or coupon codes people know about?

we are coming for a week and hopeful to see Wicked, Lion King and one more.... any ideas on the third and any ideas how to get our best bang for our buck?

thanks so much in advance for sharing your knowledge

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
132 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,098 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,615 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway shows

You should post your questions on the New York CIty forum.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway shows

I agree with BB that you should repost your question on the New York City forum to get the most responses.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

That said, Lion King and Wicked are never at the TKTS booth and sometimes sell out, so you need to buy your tickets ahead of time through www.ticketmaster.com - the official seller.

You can get discounts to many shows at

www.broadwaybox.com

www.playbill.com

www.theatermania.com

While the discounts may not be quite as much as what you might get at TKTS, you don't need to waste time standing in a queue on your vacation, and you can pick your seats. I suggest In the Heights or Avenue Q for your third show.

Edited: 19 August 2010, 14:48
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway shows

thanks for the info, didn't know I wasn't in the right forum :) that's how much I know about NY I guess lol.

4. Re: Broadway shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:25