We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodsbury Premium Outlet

KXY
Jurong, Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Woodsbury Premium Outlet

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of maybe paying a visit to woodsbury premium outlet in NY on the 4th of July. Was wondering if anyone knows if the sales are good? (i recently went to seattle premium outlet stores n their sales were pretti good!)

also, was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to get there via public transport from manhattan? thanks! :D

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodsbury Premium Outlet

I've only gone by car, but we saw people who seemed to come by bus. Maybe a charter? Yes, the sales are good IMHO. Many namebrands are available.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
759 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodsbury Premium Outlet

I like Woodbury Commons. Good deals and selection.

Be wary, though, of the fourth of July weekend: it will likely be a madhouse! For this reason, I try to avoid going during any holidays.

I, too, drive when I go, but you can take a bus from NYC. Take a look at this site from Woodbury Commons for a list of ways to get there, including buses from the Port Authority Bus Terminal:

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

KXY
Jurong, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodsbury Premium Outlet

Thanks so much guys! btw traveldeer, do u think it helps if we went early thou? :D

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
759 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodsbury Premium Outlet

Yes, I think that if you got there early or towards closing time, you may avoid some of the crowds. When I go, it's usually mid-day, the peak shopping time with a crowded parking lot. It's a good place for shopping, so enjoy.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodsbury Premium Outlet

I think that no matter what time of day you go, it's going to be mobbed. Everyone has the 4th off because of the holiday. I've been there twice (I can drive there in about 1.5 hrs) and, sorry to say, have been terribly disappointed both times. The place was very crowded (lots of shoppers pushing/clipping you), it's a big place with lots of irritated husbands acting as pack mules carrying bags of stuff their wives bought, involved LOTS of walking to get from store to store, and I've never come across a price that made me say , "Wow! This is some deal!!" and felt compelled to buy something. I always advise friends/travelers to skip it. I simply don't understand what the "draw" is to this place..... just my 2 cents though. If you enjoy shopping/schlepping, then go and have a great time! Hope you find better deals that I have.

6. Re: Woodsbury Premium Outlet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 22:16