We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
basingstoke
5 posts
Save Topic
ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

Forgive me for asking as it may have been asked before i just need a clear answer...I am traveling to New York for the first time for a weeks holiday, in December and just stumbled upon an article on ESTA to i need to apply for one of these online?

thanks in advance...

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

Yes you do.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

You have to apply on line to travel any where to the USA

North Wales
Level Contributor
170 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

You need to go to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website, if you enter ESTA into Google it will produce agents that charge extra. It is fairly straightforward to apply for an ESTA but you will need your flight details and the full address of your accommodation in U.S..The charge for the ESTA is $14 but it lasts 2 years.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

You do not need the flight info or a full address, that info is optional.

And this is the only official site

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

5. Re: ESTA, travelling to NY for first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 10:21