We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newbie in ny

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
newbie in ny

hi everyone

im heading to new york in april & will be on my own (female). im looking at the best value for money hotel as central as possible but mostly it needs to be safe.

checking out the beacon (txs for everyone who has reccommended that to others as it looks popular) but also looking at intercontenantal barclay. any thoughts?

the subway freaks me out!! is it easy to work out? we have nothing like that in nz! i'll be in london for work the week before so hoping i'll get a bit of experience before venturing to the big apple on my own.

any help appreciated :)

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: newbie in ny

im using trip advisor on mobile & this is telling me its the new york section so i hope thats correct this time??

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: newbie in ny

No. You are still in the general forum for the state.

I gave you information earlier about the subway and also said you need to include your EXACT dates if you want hotel recommendations.

Edited: 17 January 2012, 21:30
New York, NY
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: newbie in ny

This is the New York STATE board. You want the New York CITY board. The land mass of New York State is larger than all of your North Island.

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,116 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: newbie in ny

See the link that says "Jump to a location within New York?" Click that and select New York CITY. If it doesn't say New York City, then you're not in the New York City forum.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: newbie in ny

Thanks for your comments everyone. Now I'm on my laptop it should be much easier to navigate than the mob app!! I'm sure when I post in the right place I will get the advice I am after.

Thanks Brooklyn Bridge - that was helpful :-)

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn Bridge
Brooklyn Bridge
16,524 Reviews
New York City, NY
6. Re: newbie in ny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:21