We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York in October

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
New York in October

We are coming to New York for the first time October 11 to 13 . We will be driving and were concerned about leaving our car plus didn't even consider driving to the city ! I have reservations in E. Rutherford , New Jersey for 3 nights . The motel says the bus into N.Y. Stops in front of the hotel and they have free parking so this is what we have decided to do . Need to check with motel to possibly get route and where bus would drop us off ? We want to see The Lion King , any advise on whether we should do the matinee on Saturday or an evening performance ,also best place for seats .

We will also try to see top of rock , 9/11 memorial , statue of liberty , ferry around statin island , central park . Due to an injury I am not able to do a lot of walking so will have to settle for carriage ride in central park . Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks , Clacca

New York, NY
Level Contributor
100 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York in October

For the Lion King, I would choose an evening show in order to keep the days open. But if you are concerned about having too late of a night by the time you catch the bus and get back to your hotel, maybe that is a good reason to go for a matinee. The Lion King in particular involves a good amount of the performance along the aisles, so I'd recommend sitting in the middle orchestra, so that you can see those as well as the stage.

2. Re: New York in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:42