We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oceanside, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Amtrak

thinking about traveling from N.Y.C. to Orlando on the train 2 adults 4 children, am i crazy or is it a good deal ?? , especially during the school breaks and air fares are sky high ( no pun intended).

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak

Crazy. That is right.

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak

If you are looking at the Auto Train - I have heard horror stories about it.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,075 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amtrak

I did it once as a kid. As I recall, it took 22 hours. We thought it was cool, but we had sleeper cars, and were big train nerds. I wouldn't do it without sleeper cars. If sleeper cars are still cheaper than airfare, only you can answer the question of how much your vacation time is worth. Is it worth the savings to spend two days of your time on the train?

4. Re: Amtrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:17