We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York hop on hop off buses

Famagusta, Cyprus
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
New York hop on hop off buses

I'm visiting NYC August and want to take a HOHO bus on day 1 to get a feel of the city. Read many varied reviews about different companies on TA and also looked at the different company websites. Is it better to buy HOHO trips online, or can I get a better deal when I arrive in NYC?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
878 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

Same price when buying online vs in person. I'd go with Gray Line, their buses are nicer and they have lots of packages and prices. There are plenty of tour companies, here's a rundown tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c36377/New-Yor…

Famagusta, Cyprus
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

Awesome post, thanks for sharing interesting topic.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
878 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

I just noticed you can get a $5 discount if you purchase online on gray line

Famagusta, Cyprus
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

Thanx for the info. Think I'll go with grayline.

Famagusta, Cyprus
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

I'm in NYC right now....so wanted to update this post.

I waited to buy my hoho trip in NYC.... Glad I didn't buy online :) Greyline gave me a special deal....I decided to buy the all loops 48 hour pass. The guy at the ticket office gave me 96 hours for the same price as the 48 hour loop :) it's worth buying your ticket in NYC, there is a lot of competition.

7. Re: New York hop on hop off buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17