We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with JFK shuttle

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with JFK shuttle

Are there any hotels in the NY area which have a shuttle from JFK? I haven't noticed any, which is strange as most other places I have seen them.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,176 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with JFK shuttle

Once you get here, you'll understand why there aren't any in Manhattan. The only hotels with shuttles are near the airport, and you don't want to stay near the airport if your purpose is to be a tourist in Manhattan. There's plenty of public transportation, and cabs are relatively inexpensive.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with JFK shuttle

Think of London as your comparison. There certainly aren't any Central London hotels with shuttles from Heathrow or Gatwick, although there are some right near the airports. New York is the same. As with London, it's best to take the train into the city center. (Although in New York you have to change from the AirTrain monorails, which leave from each terminal, to a conventional commuter train or the subway to get into Manhattan.)

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with JFK shuttle

Yes, you are quite correct, I think I must have brain fade (we have some SUN at the moment) I will look at the trains or a taxi transfer ( which as you say we would have to do in London)

4. Re: Hotel with JFK shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:18