We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Rental ?

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Rental ?

I am planning a week in Manhattan next year september 2014 with my two adult sons. we want to stay round the Times Square area, but not sure whether to book a hotel or rental for a week, We want to keep the price down, does anybody have any suggestions on good value accomodation ? I have looked at some rentals and they seem to better value for money, but any feedback would be good. Can anyone recommend a hotel or rental please.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Rental ?

September is a pricey month, what with Fashion Week, the US Open, the UN General Assembly and with the weather being better. Hotel prices will average $300+ per night. Too early to see rates for 2014 but I would recommend Radio City Apartments if you are on a budget, or the AKA or Affinia chains.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Rental ?

This is the general forum for all of New York State. Go to the New York City forum and read the Top Questions section. Vacation apartment rentals are almost all illegal in NYC. It's a big problem. You can read about it in NYC Top Questions and by doing a forum search.

Stick to hotels and apartment style hotels. Re-post to the NYC forum and include your target budget and bedding needs. September is pricey.

3. Re: Hotel or Rental ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19