We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark to Midtown Manhattan

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Newark to Midtown Manhattan

Hello forumers! Last time I came to NYC somebody from trip advisor gave me some brilliant advice about how to get into the city from JFK airport so I was wondering if somebody could advise me regarding the best way to get from Newark airport to the New York Palace in mid town. Many thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
12,292 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark to Midtown Manhattan

Take the AirTrain/NJ Transit combination to Penn Station, New York. You take the AirTrain monorail from your terminal to the rail station, and then the train into New York. The combined fare, which you can pay when you get off the AirTrain, is $12.50 per person.

From Penn Station you can either take a taxi or the subway. If you'd like a taxi, exit on the 8th Avenue side of the station. 8th Avenue is one way uptown, which is the direction you want.

If you want to take the subway, get the uptown E train, also at the 8th Avenue end of Penn Station. Take it to the 5th Avenue station. Get out at the front end and you'll be pretty close to Madison Avenue (at 53rd Street.) Your hotel will be a couple of blocks south on Madison.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
5 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark to Midtown Manhattan

Hi everybody , I'm thinking of going to New York on a Budget.. I was told that if I stayed in New Jersey and get a b us or train to the City it would be best.. Does any body know this route and what Hotel recommendation ?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark to Midtown Manhattan

Kaneka, it would be best if you start your own thread and post it on the New York City forum (link below). Include your exact dates, nightly budget in USD, how many beds you need and what airport your'e flying into.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

MIAMI
Level Contributor
5 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark to Midtown Manhattan

thanks will do ..

5. Re: Newark to Midtown Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:16