We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

I'll be driving from northern NJ to JFK in mid December.

I need to be at the airport at 3:30 pm.

I can leave in the morning and it's only a one and a half hour drive so I thought I'd do some sightseeing with the car.

So what's nice, scenic and doable? Drive a bit north along the Hudson? East to Long Island?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

Anyone?

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,380 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

Are you driving g from NYC or NJ with the car? They are 2 entirely different places. Also where in NJ are you going to be?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

I'll be leaving Princeton (NJ) in the morning and need to be in JFK (NYC) in the afternoon.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,380 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

While not on the way to the airport Route 29 is beautiful. You could take 29 to 12 in Frenchtown. I wouldn't do it the day of your flight. Repost on the New Jersey forum for more ideas.

5. Re: Quick scenic day trip from NYC by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:16