We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE Balldrop Event - Liberty Theatre

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
NYE Balldrop Event - Liberty Theatre

Dear All,

I am trying to figure out whether its worth it to buy tickets to the balldrop event at Liberty Theatre. I couldnt find any feedback online about anybody having visited this place. Also, I am not very clear about where the entry of this place is located. The facade seems to belong to Ripley's Odditorium and they have a separate event which seems to be priced differently.

I am planning to be able to exit the building maybe around 11pm and wait awhile on the street - since there is a risk of NYPD not allowing people to exit too close to 12pm.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE Balldrop Event - Liberty Theatre

Bad idea. The website says pretty clearly that no one can access the club between 11:30 and 12:15. They very clearly do not mention a balldrop view or any ability to leave the club and observe the ball drop. Access to the club is fom 8th Avenue and 42nd street so if you leave at 11 you will either-

a. Be on a side street with no view and no access to times square or

b be dirrected by the police to head west out of the restricted zone away from Times Square

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE Balldrop Event - Liberty Theatre

Forgot to add- the price for tickets starts at $75 which is a small fraction of places that suggest they may have a balldrop view charge.

There is no way you will see the balldrop

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE Balldrop Event - Liberty Theatre

I agree, you cannot just "wait a while on the street" in Times Square during New Year's Eve. The police will make sure you don't get anywhere near the square itself. If the place doesn't advertise a ball drop view, you won't see the ball drop. Period.

4. Re: NYE Balldrop Event - Liberty Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:17