We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas day in new york 2014

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas day in new york 2014

Can anyone steer me in the right direction of where to eat and what to do specifically on christmas day in december 2014? We will be in new york, will have 2 adults and 3 kids aged 14, 12 and 6. Doesn't need to be swanky just new york awesome! We will be staying near times square. Thanks

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,696 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

This is the general forum for all of New York State. There is a very active New York City forum, which is where you should go for future questions and planning.

It is far too early to make restaurant reservations for next Christmas. It's also too early to see menus and prices as many restaurants do a special meal.

You may enjoy reading NYC forum discussions from this Christmas though. There were lots of threads about restaurants and Christmas dinner.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

We just went through this, and our advice won't have changed. I recommend you search the forum and read through some of last year's threads.

K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

Hi!

I have been looking at this for 2014 as well. Might see you around and never know!

Our plan for Christmas day is Central Park and Rockettes Christmas Spectacular concert. I think there are a few places open like Ripleys believe it or not and Madame Tassauds. I believe Top of the Rock is open and the skating rink at the Rockafeller centre. However the Central park skating rink is cheaper. I believe there is a restaurant there somewhere too.

Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

My friend and I are going to the Christmas Day NBA game between the NY Knicks & Washington Wizards. My brother in law when to the Christmas Day match last year and said they had breakfast/brunch at the Ticktock diner across from Madison Square Garden. He said it was delicious and laid back.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
464 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

"Can anyone steer me in the right direction of where to eat and what to do specifically on christmas day in december 2014? We will be in new york, will have 2 adults and 3 kids aged 14, 12 and 6. Doesn't need to be swanky just new york awesome! We will be staying near times square. Thanks"

Besides the previous suggestions to read the other forum/thread be prepared for a lot of people out on the sidewalks. Seeing the Rockefeller tree and ice skating are always highlights. Nearby Bryant Park has some nice shops that multiply in numbers during the winter and the lawn there is converted to an ice skating rink. Dress for the weather and have a good time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

Hi. I'm visiting too with my 16 year old daughter. Have you had much luck finding a perfect Xmas day lunch?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

I also was struggling to find the perfect Xmas day lunch (going with 10 yr old and 15 yr old so don't want anything too formal) , apparently Christmas Eve is more popular for the big Xmas meal in NYC. So to be alternative , we are going to the basket ball game at Madison square garden on xmas day , then to a nice steak house( Uncle Jacks) for a set menu meal for the evening. Now I just need to find a nice place to eat on Christmas Eve. Good luck

8. Re: Christmas day in new york 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2015, 04:15