We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas and Hints please

Blue Haven...
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas and Hints please

My partner, her 16 year old daughter and myself are hopefully heading over to NYC for 7 days in early October, 11th to the 18th, this year and we're looking for clues and ideas of stuff to do while we're there, obviously we want to do the usual touristy stuff but with a teenager on board shopping could be a major detail we need to cover so any tips on this as well would be great.

Information on typical weather conditions for the time of year we'll be there,

Ideas of sporting/entertainment events which could be on around our visiting dates,

we're not that much into museums and that sort of thing but want to get out and about and see what we can, we don't mind walking and do intend on doing a couple of the walking tours I've seen mentioned on here.

Tips from fellow Aussies who've been there and done it would be great though the local knowledge is also essential to our trip, so basically anything and everything you think we should know would be great, thanks in advance.

Pete.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas and Hints please

You have posted in the general forum for New York State. Repost in the New York City forum for more replies.

2. Re: Ideas and Hints please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21