We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Coast USA for a Month Christmas 2014... suggestions?

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
East Coast USA for a Month Christmas 2014... suggestions?

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at planning a trip to travel East Coast of USA from Christmas 2014 through to close to end of January (25th-ish) for me and my boyfriend. We would look at flying from Australia to NYC (JFK) getting in Christmas day or the day after.. I would like to try be in NYC for 10-14 days - the longer the better to see as much as possible. I'd like to go to DC, Boston (not really sure what there is here?), Chicago, Niagara Falls. Being the time of year I'm not sure how good weather conditions would be to do anything as a road trip? What I'd like from you all is suggestions of places to go if there are specifics, or must stop places on the way to any of those options - best ways to travel - I'd prefer to not fly we'd like to see the country side. We really enjoy history and culture.. and food!/entertainment (sports games/shows etc) - I have been to NYC and DC before but none of the others.

Additional questions would be - NYE in NYC - I did the times square thing once before and swear I'd never do it again but I'm thinking maybe one of the restaurants/bars that you get tickets for so we have some atmosphere for New Years without standing outside freezing for hours. Any suggestions there?

Also hotels in NYC? better areas? I'd like to stay somewhere nice - not super expensive but a decent hotel.

How many days do you think are needed for the other places?

I'd also love any good spots for eating - must go places.

Sorry now I've typed this I'm asking quite a lot - just as well it's early in the year :)

Thanks so much - I'm looking forward to your suggestions!

Tracy

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Coast USA for a Month Christmas 2014... suggestions?

Re: the idea of driving around in this part of the world at that time of year, you should read this recent thread started by a fellow Aussie. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g48261-i182-k71687…

2. Re: East Coast USA for a Month Christmas 2014... suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 06:17