We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel dates flexible... Need help with hotel.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel dates flexible... Need help with hotel.

Hello, my husband and I would like to plan a trip to New York. Our travel dates are flexible (Im ready to leave tomorrow lol) but I would like to find a resonably priced hotel in a good location. Does anyone know of any good Choice Hotels? I would like to keep it under $200/night and like I said dates are flexible. Would prefer not to go when its too crowded like a busy time of year. Also, when does the weather start to warm up?

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,543 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel dates flexible... Need help with hotel.

Welcome to the forums. You've posted to the general forum for all of New York State. Re-post to the New York City forum for more readers and responses. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

In general, the nicer the weather, the higher the hotel prices. Once weather starts warming for Spring, hotel prices start climbing (but still with some fluctuation). Your budget may be They do drop in midsummer, if you think you can handle the heat and humidity.

When you re-post, indicate whether there is a particular reason you need to stick with Choice Hotels, or whether you are open to other hotels that may fit within your budget.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel dates flexible... Need help with hotel.

Thanks. I have a mother in law that works for Choice Hotels and can get a "discount" at participating hotels but most hotels right in the city do not take the discount. We are from New Orleans so we can handle the heat and humidity. Thanks for your reply.

3. Re: Travel dates flexible... Need help with hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:21