We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welkom-Inn???

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Welkom-Inn???

I used Airbnb to find Welkom-Inn back in February. There was nothing online, no reviews or anything negative back at the beginning on February. Looking back, it's because the site had just launched. I signed a rental agreement and sent money. It looks like this site is a scam. My trip is over Memorial Day. Not sure what to do. Welkcom-Inn is still online at welkom-inn.net. Scary that it's still out there and nothing has been done.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,055 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Welkom-Inn???

Re-post to the New York City forum. This is the general forum for all of New York State.

Include more info when you re-post. How did you pay? If by credit card, they may handle this mess for you.

The NYC forum can help you find other accommodations. Note that virtually all Airbnb listings and other short term apartment rentals in NYC are illegal, but forum members can help you find legit hotel accommodations (apartment style or just regular rooms)

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Welkom-Inn???

Did you book through AirBnB? Why do you think it's a scam? Did you report it to someone? And what exactly do you think is going to be "done" about it? Who should do something?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Welkom-Inn???

Search the forums and you will find lots of info, including this post from yesterday.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28953-i4-k7359241…

If they are indeed operating out of Africa, I am not sure how much US officials can do.

4. Re: Welkom-Inn???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 06:15