We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Pack for NYC in October

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
What to Pack for NYC in October

Hi Guys,

I'm from Australia & doing my first big trip overseas, SOLO :) I would like to get some suggestions in regards what to pack? Any help would be kindly appreciated...

Cassie

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,762 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Pack for NYC in October

Where will you be? What will you be doing? Are you a man or a woman?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,322 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Pack for NYC in October

This is the general forum for all of New York State. You really want the New York City forum.

BrooklynBridge's questions are spot on. I'll add "when in October?" It's a transition month. Early October is warmer than late October.

No matter what, you will want to pack layers. Lighter shirts (though not super summary) with heavier shirts, cardigans, etc. You will also want a jacket. Whether it's a lighter or heavier jacket will depend on whether it's early or late October. If late October, being an Aussie, you might want to have a thicker winter coat on hand. Somewhat cold temps are possible.

3. Re: What to Pack for NYC in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:16