We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report NYC Met Museum Central Park Day

San Clemente...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report NYC Met Museum Central Park Day

My two teenage daughters and I have been in NYC for three days and we are having an amazing time. We are exhausted from walking but there is so much to do in a day!

We are staying at the Affinia 50 which has mixed reviiews but I must say we love our room. It is the biggest hotel room ive had in New York. The Concierge David is quirky and hilarious. Be sure to leave enough time to talk to him. He is not on the New York minute time line.

We had breakfast at Paris Baguette - which is not even on Trip Advisor so i just submitted a review for this location on Lexington and 52nd. It was a great! Tiny place but what isnt in NY. The cutest place! Reasonable prices. $2.50 for a creamy pastrie or croissant. We had the blueberry cream tart, Chocolate croissant and a couple others because we couldnt decide. It is self serve. Best milk tea. Try it! If there isnt room to eat go to the next block north and sit at the fountain and eat.

Everyone raves about Issa Bagel on the opposite side of our hotel on 3rd but personally I thought this was a better breakfast. Not the same as a bagel with egg, cheese etc. But charming and a nice change from bagels.

If you want to go to the Met and see part a good part of Central Park start at the Met first. I would start on the second floor and see the Masters first. Monet, VanGough, Degas etc... and the most amazing American paintings too. I loved this part. You can get lost so use the map. You can waste a lot of time downstairs in the maze, so I feel like the "memory makers" might be upstairs first.

We spent about three hours at the Met. We loved the French rooms that were actually transported to the Met. Met is a must!

Central park entrace is just south of the entrance. We went across the great field down through Shakespeare's garden which was so pretty! Past the couples in the boats rowing around the lake. Girls thought the boys with they're shirts off rowing the girls around was fun! Say a couple being married by the bridge there. Then we went on down the west side to Strawberry Fields, sat on the benches and listened to the singer. Left out the side entrance here and went to Gray's Papaya

on Broadway between 73rd and 72nd streets - a recommendation from the preppy kid sitting next to me listening to the singer at the Imagine tile --- He was right! It was a Great Hot Dog. Brown mustard and onions - and it was cheap! Go ahead and eat two everyone else was.

They are crispy! Get the papaya drink too. Coconut champagne was ok. Try both. Then yes, we walked all the way back to 50th street and 3rd on the East side! A lot of walking but you can sit a lot in the Met and in the park. We got home in about an hour and a half. Pakced Day!

Mentioned in this post
Paris Baguette
Paris Baguette
171 Reviews
New York City, NY
The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Lexington Hotel...
4,106 Reviews
New York City, NY
Central Park
Central Park
114,384 Reviews
New York City, NY
Gray's Papaya
Gray's Papaya
1,319 Reviews
New York City, NY
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,403 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report NYC Met Museum Central Park Day

Great TR! You accidentally posted to the general forum for all of New York State. You might want to re-post to the New York City forum.

If you want to re-post and delete this post, use the "Report inappropriate content" link at the bottom of the post, and there is a selection where you can say "Remove My Post" (for whatever reason)

Edited: 03 June 2014, 04:39
Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Trip Report NYC Met Museum Central Park Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:16