We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keens - Eating at the Bar Experience

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Keens - Eating at the Bar Experience

Hi there,

So I'm taking a quick trip to NYC this weekend. Didn't make reservations in time, so too late to get one at Keens. Has anyone eaten at the bar there before? Any thoughts? If I don't go to Keens, where else could I go for a great steak dinner. I'm staying at the Eventi.

Cheers

Edited: 11 June 2014, 04:33
New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keens - Eating at the Bar Experience

are you going as a single? shouldn't be a problem getting a spot at the bar. i personally enjoy eating at bar dining in general. it's open for lunch too. i also like ben&jack's (5th/28th) for porterhouse but that might be a bit aggressive for one person. craft (19th/park-bway) has a great american wagyu steak and a bar counter.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keens - Eating at the Bar Experience

Thanks for your reply. I may be on my own or going with a +1, depending on logistics. Friends managed to get a reservation at Bouley for Saturday night, but I also have been wanting to experience Keens. I've heard that the tables are very close together, so maybe the bar will be fine. I just wondered what it was like to eat at Keen's bar. Have been to Kraft, but not to Ben and Jack's, which I've heard is quite good too.

I may give Keens a try or opt for some place closer to my hotel (the Eventi -- kind of near Penn Station and North Chelsea).

Thanks again.

3. Re: Keens - Eating at the Bar Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16