We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

Looking for affordable packages for a trip to NYC. a charter bus and hotel package/tour for 4 to NYC in the fall possibly. I've heard that this is usually the most affordable and safest way to go. Especially when it's the first time and don't know your way around or how to get around. I would rather fly but round trip tickets for 1 are around $300. ANY tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

** I've heard that this is usually the most affordable and safest way to go. **

I have never heard that. Not sure I am understanding your question.

Where are you coming from?

Are you looking for a bus/hotel package only?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,040 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

Tens of millions of people visit NYC every year and find their way around to enjoy themselves. You can do it too! The forum can help. It's all very safe.

As far as pricing, Sept-Oct is one of the most expensive times for NYC hotels. Nov can be a bit more reasonable. What is your overall budget for this trip?

I agree with ter that knowing where you are coming from is important.

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

Any recommendations about travel, accommodations, eating and sight seeing are appreciated. I've never been to NYC and a friend of mine and I are taking our kids for their graduation gift. My daughter wants to see some broadway shows. I've only talked to one person that's been and they got a group together and got a charter bus and it was less expensive than airfare. They stayed together in same hotel and toured the city together with someone that's been many times as a guide. That's what made it safer. Like I said, I'll take any advice. Please share. We are traveling from northeast TN

Edited: 08 July 2014, 21:37
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,420 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

But there is only 4 of you? Are you near a big city that has trains or buses? My teen would refuse to go on any trip that involves being corralled with a bunch of strangers on a bus for siteseeing.

Tell us EXACTLY where you are, the dates you plan to travel and lodging needs. Is there 4 of you? Can you all stay in one room with two double beds? Besides broadway shows, what do you think you might like to do?

If you don't have a guide book you should buy one or borrow one from a library

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

I heartily agree with the recommendation to get a guidebook. All of you should read it to select what interests you. Plot those spots on a map (paper or online) to organize your days in a geographically logical way.

Fall tend to be a very expensive time to visit NYC.

This is the NY State forum; re-post in the NY City forum to get more help.

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

We are at the tn/va border in Kingsport Tn if that helps. No major cities closer than 2 hours from us. Trying to decide best time to go considering school schedule, the weather, room cost, travel cost etc. We dont want to drive. Fly, bus or train. Cheapest and quickest. Train from here takes 9 hours but considering it. We'd like to see 911, Statue of Liberty, Chinatown, Empire State bldg, etc. Where do I get the guide? Any hotels that you recommend? Best way to travel?

7. Re: Bus Trip and Hotel package to NYC Fall 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:17