We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

Which New York hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

I land in JFK and then I want to fly to Miami or to the airports near the area.

I would like to know which airline to chose from.

I would like a cheap flight, and i am travelling with my wife.

I do not want to move around the city to laguardea or anywhere else.

So the airline must be using JFK.

It wil be my 1st time in USA so I'm not really sure which airline to choose from.

I also heard that, some airlines charge money per your luggage over the already paid ticket price. I would like to get some information on this. Are there any that do not charge money per luggage?

Thank you very much :)

New York City
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

Jetblue is your likely choice, it leaves from JFK and not Laguardia

Istanbul
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

Thank you Howard,

Any other airlines on your mind to choose from?

Also what about the luggage fees?

New York City
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

Jetblue allows I think 1 free bag

Istanbul
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

any other similar airlines is appriciated, cheers.

NYC
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

JetBlue allows you one free checked bag free, you are not charged for carry on bags, except Spirit Airlines which I wouldn't fly for free.

Other airlines include Delta, American, United, US Air (which has merged with American but still has separate flights). They all charge for checked bags unless you have status with the airline or one of its partners.

I would caution that getting through customs can take a very long time, you also need to collect your bags and recheck for your flight to Miami, so account for that when booking your flight to Miami. Think at least 4 hours but I would even err on the longer side especially if your flight to Miami is from a different terminal.

A web site like www.kayak.com allows you to look at every airline flying from JFK to Miami.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 03:55
NYC
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

JetBlue allows you one free checked bag free, you are not charged for carry on bags, except Spirit Airlines which I wouldn't fly for free.

Other airlines include Delta, American, United, US Air (which has merged with American but still has separate flights). They all charge for checked bags unless you have status with the airline or one of its partners.

I would caution that getting through customs can take a very long time, you also need to collect your bags and recheck for your flight to Miami, so account for that when booking your flight to Miami. Think at least 4 hours but I would even err on the longer side especially if your flight to Miami is from a different terminal.

A web site like www.kayak.com allows you to look at every airline flying from JFK to Miami.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

The best first step is to determine your preferred timing, then look on a general booking site to see your options (e.g. Kayak.com, Expedia.com, etc) See who is flying the route nonstop, at the right time, for good prices, THEN ask about the best final choice if there are a few that would meet your needs.

For airlines that charge for checked baggage, it's usually $35 per bag.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

Thank you for all the replies, I really think, like everyone said jetblue is the way.

I have one small question to add;

This one free bag thing is per person I think right? So we fly 2 person, we have 2 bags free.

Can you please confirm this as well.

many thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

Yes. But stop worrying about the cost of the bag! That is small in comparison to the cost of flights. I also suggest if you're planning to rent a car in Florida, you consider flying into Ft. Lauderdale airport ( code FLL) which is not as big or as crowded as Miami.

10. Re: which airline, from JFK to Miami or airports around the area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16