We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sharks tooth island

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
sharks tooth island

Has anyone heard of Sharks Tooth Island? I believe it is by Huggins Island near Bear Island? How to get there and do they really have more sharks teeth to search for than Topsail? My family loves to hunt for sharks teeth, any areas that are great for searching for them? Thanks.

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sharks tooth island

Yes you can generally find more sharks teeth on Shark's Tooth Island, but that is because it is not touristy. You can only access it by private boat or kayak. It is a small island off of Huggins Island, near Hammock's Beach.

I would think bear Island would have more sharks teeth as well, and that has ferry to it. You'd catch the ferry near Swansboro, its about a 20 min. ride or so. It is pretty primitive over there, take bug spray and sunscreen. If I remember correctly there is a bathhouse and picnic shelter on the island, and some primitive camping sites. Be prepared to carry everything with you and it is a walk to the beach. PACK AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE!!!! Its like a half mile walk to the beach. But you will find very few tourist, and unspoiled beaches. Check out this website for more info. www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/habe/main.php

New Bern, North...
Level Contributor
257 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sharks tooth island

Here's another good website to check out for info. I am not sure the last time it was updated, but it will give you the basics!

http://149.168.1.195/~habe/faqs.htm

3. Re: sharks tooth island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 16:18