We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Place to visit with 3 yr old?

Massachusetts
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Great Place to visit with 3 yr old?

Hi, We are looking for a quiet vacation with a 3 year old (ha ha...) - more towards a lake area, either woodsy or mountain type. We aren't really beach people, but we love lakes, fishing, campfire, relaxation type areas. Any suggestions about what parts of NC would be great for this type of trip? We are thinking about coming in the summer months. Thanks!

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Place to visit with 3 yr old?

When you say summer and NC you should think mountains around Asheville. There are some great things to do for kids of that age in this area. WNC Nature Center is a perfect small place w/ petting zoo and lots of animals that are close enough for young ones to see. Health Adventure, Arboreteum for plants and flowers, lots of rivers and streams....

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Place to visit with 3 yr old?

Lakes - There is Lake Lure which is nice. Asheville area is nice and might I add check out the Bryson City area and Lake Fontana too. Pleny of kid friendly creeks in Great Smoky Mountains National Park with Deep Creek being a nice place. We take our kids there often, even when they were about 3 too.

Have fun.

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Place to visit with 3 yr old?

Lake Lure sounds perfect for you! Our 6 year old son loved it when he was three and still loves it today. The little beach area is nice, you can rent a boat and fish, have picnics in the park and relax in the beautiful mountains.

I live less then 20 minutes from Lake Lure so I have never spent the night... but those little lake houses that you can rent have always intrigued me. I have often thought of staying at the Arbor Cabins or the Bluebird http://www.graftonlodge.com/cabins.htm

4. Re: Great Place to visit with 3 yr old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 08:18