We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoky Mountain flowers and directions..

Illinois
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Smoky Mountain flowers and directions..

Hi all. The wife and I will be in Franklin for a week starting on April 28th.

What is the spring flower situation at the moment? We were in Sylva last year about a week earlier in April and according to a park ranger,the Dogwoods had taken a major hit due to some colder than normal weather. I am a photographer and want to get some nice pics.

Also we are flying from Chicago to Nashville( $49 sale) and was wondering what people thought of the route from Nashville to Franklin via Chattanooga vs. Knoxville from a scenic point of view?

I probably will come up with some more questions before our trip.

Peace

Keith

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoky Mountain flowers and directions..

Keith:

Spring was going along pretty well until this weekend. They are calling for snow, but none yet here in Sylva. The dogwoods are just now popping out and perhaps in the valley they will not get hard.

We were on the Blue Ridge Parkway between Balsam and Oconoluftnee a couple weeks ago and the there were spots kind of near Big Witch Gap where I saw trillium popping up, no blooms yet. Hopefully things will get through this cold snap.

I think you will get some nice pics regardless of what happens over the next couple of days with the weather. So far we have had a wet spring and lets hope it continues.

Enjoy your time here.

Bob

2. Re: Smoky Mountain flowers and directions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:17