We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

candlelight at biltmore

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
candlelight at biltmore

Has anyone been to the candlelight christmas at the Biltmore? Is it worth the $60. We have been to the Biltmore before but not at Christmas. What all do they do.

Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: candlelight at biltmore

We go every year to the candlelight Christmas at Biltmore. They have luminaries outside, and inside there is usually a music group singing in the winter garden. The huge tree is lit up in the banquet hall and the fireplaces are going. The whole place is lit up with lights inside and of course decorated beautifully. It is, in our opinion, well worth the money. You can also sign up to eat a Christmas meal in one of the restaurants. We have not done that. Also, the stables have Santa there, and other activities. The winery is lit as well. It is just a whole different place at night with all the Christmas splendor. Enjoy!

Asheville, North...
Destination Expert
for Asheville
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: candlelight at biltmore

If you are coming at Christmas, you will spend a long time waiting in line during the day. The candlelight tours are far less crowded, the lighting is magical and the music and decorations will get you in a holiday mood, for sure. They used to give access to more rooms on the candlelight tour, as well. The only down side is that you wont be able to linger as long as you might if you have the entire day.

north carolina
Level Contributor
121 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: candlelight at biltmore

It is definitely worth it, especially if you've seen it in the daytime. They often have kids choral groups singing in the entrance hall...with the acoustics it is magical. The decorations alone are worth it. I'd recommend the audio tour as well since it will give you detailed information regarding the christmas customs of the family and the time.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: candlelight at biltmore

Candlelight is cool and I agree with the long lines assessment of the place, but it is pretty during Christmas. As an aside, my daughter sings in a youth choir from Lake Junaluska called Voices in the Laurel. They sing every year at Candlelight and Biltmore invites in talented youth choirs from around the country to sing carols. it is nice to experience as a guest and as a parent.

If you go I would highly reccomend seeing Voices sing and schedule your trip to see them. They are talented, of course I am biased (lol).....

5. Re: candlelight at biltmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 00:15