We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is a beach with Tide Pools?

Maryland
Level Contributor
247 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Where is a beach with Tide Pools?

Does anyone know of a beach which has tide pools (the kind with sand not rocks) in North Carolina. I visited a beach when I was 3 which had tide pools and thought it was the best thing. Now I want to take my 2 year old son to a beach with tide pools. I don't even know if they are in the same place year after year.

I think it was Wrightsville Beach, but not sure. Plus there are more condos in Carolina Beach and other places.

Ashburn, VA
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is a beach with Tide Pools?

Many areas of the Outer Banks have tidal pools. I think it's in their nature to move though. Last summer, we had a big one in our area od Corolla. Great place to play.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is a beach with Tide Pools?

Are you thinking of tidal poo;s in which Children(and adults ) can play, or those which retain water at all times in which you can fish? I would say virtually every beach has the former. I know they are prevalent at Pine Knoll Shores and Atlantic Beach. The larger ones can be found on the outer banks down to Shackleford and Bear Island but these are not readily accessible.

3. Re: Where is a beach with Tide Pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 07:17