We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Charlotte to Franklin

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Charlotte to Franklin

Hi,

We are flying in to Charlotte then driving to Franklin,NC. Wondering were we should stop in between for lunch.

Thanks

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Charlotte to Franklin

How about Estradas on Lake Lure. Sit on the deck overlooking the lake. Its about half way to Franklin on 64/74. Great food too.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Charlotte to Franklin

If I was driving that, I'd take I-85 to 321 in Gastonia - go north to I-40 and head toward Asheville.It's about a two hour drive on that stint.

I'd either stop in Asheville ( downtown) for lunch - nice shops and good restaurant choices there. Or - I'd go on down the road to Waynesville ( downtown) and stop there.

This is a little longer - but an alternate route would be I-85 just past Gastonia and then 74 west to I-26. Go I-26 north to Hendersonville and get off at U.S. 64 exit and go downtown to Hendersonville. That's one of our favorite weekend destinations. Again, lots of shops and eateries there. Then, you can head on up 26 to Asheville and over to Franklin....UNLESS you want to take the picturesque route and take 64 from H'Ville all the way into Franklin. That's waterfall country!!! Beautiful and worth the slower drive!

Best wishes.

Level Contributor
377 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Charlotte to Franklin

Thankyou for your replys. I am unfamiliar with the area and appreciate your responses.

4. Re: Driving from Charlotte to Franklin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 05:18