We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice beach to visit close to Smoky Mountains

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Nice beach to visit close to Smoky Mountains

We are booked to visit Disney this September but we may need to cancel as I am in need of knee surgery. So now we are looking for a cheaper trip we can do before the surgery.

We want to visit the Smoky Mountains but would like to take the kids to the ocean. I feel horrible and would like to spend a couple days on the ocean.

We were supposed to spend a week on Sanibel Island as well as Disney. This is the kind of beach atmosphere we like. We would prefer a nice quiet beach with oceanfront hotels.

What would be a nice beach for us? We have 3 kids; 7, 4, and 2 and really don't want a big party area.

Thanks for the help!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice beach to visit close to Smoky Mountains

Hi Casey,

For some general info on NC beaches to get you started, see my post on this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g49136-i1202-k2898…

It's about a 5-6 hour drive from the Smokies to the southern NC beaches. Feel free to ask more questions as you plan your trip!

2. Re: Nice beach to visit close to Smoky Mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 07:26