We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family reunion in a lakeside location

amherst, new york
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
family reunion in a lakeside location

We are looking for a place for 15 people including 7 children under 15 for a 50th ann. celebration. The patriarch loves to fish. Other outdoor activities enjoyed by all. Nothing flashy. Any suggestions?

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family reunion in a lakeside location

I'm not too sure what you mean by flashy, but this is a good website with a resort on the lake. They may have other sites available also. Good luck and enjoy NC!

http://www.wlvcabins.com/

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family reunion in a lakeside location

There are a number of very nice, fishy lakes in NC and SC but to find a house big enough for 15, unless you have a boat or boats, i think you might do better at the coast. Any of the major beaches has plenty of surf and pier fishing and the opportunity to rent boats. A great anniversary gift for Pops might be a an off-shore charter which he could enjoy witth kids and older grendkids, or, if he is a bass fisherman, a guided trip for drum (redfish) or speckled trout would be great. Plenty of lodging, too.

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family reunion in a lakeside location

There are plenty of places in NC that would meet your needs. If you google "nc lake cabin rentals" you'll see lots of them. Spend a little time doing that if you haven't already, and we'll be happy to help you narrow down your search range or answer any specific questions you may have.

The mountain lakes are truly spectacular--off the top of my head I can think of Lake James, Lake Lure, Watauga Lake, Lake Toxaway, Lake Glenville, Hiwassee Lake in the mountains. They all have vacation rentals available.

Any of the larger lakes throughout the state will also have rentals: Lake Norman, High Rock Lake, Badin Lake, Kerr Lake, etc.

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family reunion in a lakeside location

Oh I have the PERFECT spot. Googgle THE LITTLE RETREAT AT LAKE GASTON. They have one bih house that will sleep quite a few but they also have 6 otehr surrounding cabins. GREAT RATES- The lake borders NC/VA but this particular area is actualy in VA, just over the line really

Debbie

5. Re: family reunion in a lakeside location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 05:16