We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to Cary, nc - suggestions for a short trip

memphis, tn
1 post
Save Topic
moving to Cary, nc - suggestions for a short trip

We are moving to Cary NC nr Raleigh at the end of July and want to take a short trip (cabin??) for a few days somewhere within a couple of hours or so - we have 9 your old kids - any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to Cary, nc - suggestions for a short trip

Beach or Mountains?You are about 3 hours from either and both offer many options.

I would say Raleigh/ Cary is a beach oriented area with mos people oriented toward either the Wilmington or Morehead City areas, which are the most easily accessed. If you look through this forum you will get plenty of tips, and I really do not think you can go wrong.

For mountains, I would recommend the Boone/ Blowing Rock area where you will find real cabins, as well as a number of things to keep thee kids occupied, including Tweetsie Railroad, Price Lake, Mystery Hill and the gem mine next door ( which my grandkids love ) and numerous parks, hiking options, etc. It is a little over 3 hours but a relatively easy drive. These options are what make living here so great.

2. Re: moving to Cary, nc - suggestions for a short trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2011, 08:18