We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible move to North Carolina...Chapel Hill ?

Annapolis
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Possible move to North Carolina...Chapel Hill ?

I have always liked Chapel Hill and my company has a opening in North Carolina and we work out of our homes so I can live where I want. My wife is a nurse and is in school to get her masters. Are Chapel Hill elementary and middle schools good ?..any other suggestions in terms of places to live ?

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
464 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible move to North Carolina...Chapel Hill ?

The Chapel Hill-Carrboro public school system is among THE best in the nation. Just beware that much of Chapel Hill is very expensive.

You may also want to try out southwest Durham near Southpoint Mall. The schools there aren't quite as good but homes are much more affordable.

N.C.
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible move to North Carolina...Chapel Hill ?

Chapel Hill is a wonderful place with good schools, but it is VERY VERY expensive. You might want to look into Carrboro, which is so close to Chapel Hill as to be virtually indistinguishable and is cheaper. Durham is also very close, but you'd need to be careful which school area you were in.