We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Trenton, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Hi!! We are taking a vactaion to Mooresville in July. Our sons are 14 and 16 and we all LOVE Nascar!!! We are planning on bringing our little baby "Newman". He is our Cocker Spaniel!! We will be bringing our camper trailer to stay in. Would someone give us advice where to camp at that is of course pet friendly. Also we know this is Nascar country so where should we go??

Any advice will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Amee

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Is there a campground in Mooresville? I don't know of one. I know there are a couple up I-77 in Statesville, but that would put you far away from much of the NASCAR stuff around the speedway. The speedway in Concord. There are several campgrounds in that vicinity. I think you might be better in that area - unless you have another reason for going to Mooresville. Anyway - here's a neat site at the Cabarrus Vistor's Bureau - check it out : http://www.pitpasscabarrus.com/index.php

Best wishes.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Only 2 campgrounds come to mind in the Mooresville area. Both are located on Hwy. 150 in Denver/Sherill's Ford area, approximately 15 minutes from Mooresville. Cross Country Campground and Wildlife Woods Campground. Cross Country Campground can be reached at 704-483-5897 and Wildlife has a website: www.woodalls.com/a/01630_wildlifewoods.html.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay!!

Trenton, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Thanks for the advice!! We just thought Mooresville area since we heard that was Race City USA...

I will def. check the campgrounds mentioned!! Are there any amusement parks around??

Thanks..Amee

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Check out Carowinds: www1.paramountparks.com/carowinds/index.cfm

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Check out Carowinds: www1.paramountparks.com/carowinds/index.cfm

Trenton, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Thank you!! Are there lots off Nascar shops? or I guess lots of tourism in Mooresville or better to go to Concord?

Tks..amee

NC mountains
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Evernham Motorsports (Kasey Kahne) is located just off I-40 between Hickory and Statesville. They may give you a tour of their facilities, but I do know that the public is welcome to shop at the store and look at the memorabilia.

Joe Gibbs Racing (Tony Stewart) is located in Huntersville. This place is GRAND. Again, you may get a tour of the facilities, but you can also shop at the store and see memorabilia.

Hall of Fame Racing is a new one (Tony Raines). They are located just off I-77 in north Charlotte. Not sure if they have a store open yet.

I don't know a lot about Nascar, but I have been to these facilities, and I know your kids would enjoy it!

Trenton, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Thank you sooo much the great advice!!! We can't wait to go on vacation!!!

How far is Mooresville from Concord? Also is their lots of mountains around?

Would there be in Water rafting in these areas? We have never done that before and I'm sure it would be lots of fun.

This website is really helpful!

Thanks a bunch!!

Amee

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming to Mooresville in July with teenagers who love Nascar

Concord is NASCAR "central". That is the place to be. Best wishes.