We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf packages for spring 2013

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
golf packages for spring 2013

Hello. I am looking to book a trip for 4-8 guys for early April, 2013. First question is would the weather be warm enough around that time to be comfortable.

Other than that I am looking for general info. Any recommendations for places to stay and play? We would like nice but not over the top. Budget will be $400-$450 per person for 3 nights and 3 rounds of golf. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf packages for spring 2013

That is a perfect time of year at any of the major golf destinations in the Carolina's. My preference would be Pinehurst which has a number of excellent courses outside of, as well as part of the resort, and a number of packages to choose from.

Likewise for Myrtle Beach which has even more options but probably better suited for younger guys.

Weather should be perfect with everything in bloom, etc. For that reason, it is also the most popular time so you should make plans soon

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf packages for spring 2013

My husband and golf buddies do a big Spring golf trip each year. They began this about 25 years ago when they were all between 25-35 years old. Now they're all older, slower and have lots of aches and pains, but act like kids when they are preparing for this trip!... So funny to listen to them plan.

Over the years they've tried different areas including Pinehurst, but decided for best variety of golf courses, accommodations, restaurants, etc.and overall "bang for their buck" that the Myrtle Beach area was best for them. Plenty golfers of all ages play the MB courses. http://www.mbgolf.com/golf-packages/ http://www.myrtlebeachgolf.com/

Virginia
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf packages for spring 2013

I agree with both of the other responses, its a perfect time to play golf in NC. I've been to both Myrtle Beach and to Pinehurst, and have come to prefer Pinehurst. Myrtle Beach definitely has more choices for everything, including lodging, golf courses, restaurants, etc. Its also "bigger," more congested, its just a more populated area. Pinehurst (including Souther Pines, Aberdeen, and the surrounding areas) has a very good selection of courses, a great variety of lodging and restaurants, and as long as you avoid the modern sprawl along US Route 1, a pleasant small-town feel. Each has its advantages, and disadvantages.

4. Re: golf packages for spring 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 02:17