We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter-ruin travel plans?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Easter-ruin travel plans?

Hey everyone,

My husband and I are traveling in the US and loving it.

We will be in Nashville on Saturday night before Easter, and in Asheville on Sunday. I was just informed that during Easter everything will be closed...we are from Israel so have no idea how Easter is exactly.

Does that mean we won't be able to listen to music somewhere, and have dinner?

Are we talking about Saturday night, Sunday night, or both?

Thanks,

Michal

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter-ruin travel plans?

Easter is not like Christmas, where almost every single business (except the occasional gas station or mom-and-pop store) is closed. This may ease your mind:

www.biltmore.com/visit/calendar/spring.asp

http://www.groveparkinn.com/asheville-events

Easter is a big family day and tends to be child-centered--lots of Easter Egg Hunts and associated events. Most churches will have special Easter services but, in general, you will find the Easter Egg Hunts and the other events that day to be secular events.

Someone else will have to comment on the *dinner plus music on Easter night* portion of your question.

Here is a helpful link for you to get started:

www.romanticasheville.com/nightlife.html

Edited: 12 March 2013, 13:07
NC
Level Contributor
416 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter-ruin travel plans?

Think about if we were coming to Israel ( which I have several times) and posted " will Yom Kippur ruin our travel plans"? I visited Israel without worrying about the holiday...and loved it each time...found many wonderful things to see and do. You will do the same in both Nashville and Asheville. It is a wonderful, holy day for many of us - eagerly awaited. You will find many dining opportunities ( lavish Easter buffets at places like Grove Park Inn in Asheville) and hopefully fantastic weather. Enjoy your trip.

3. Re: Easter-ruin travel plans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16