We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trouble with understanding blooms in may/june

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
trouble with understanding blooms in may/june

NOTE: I did post this in the Tennessee forum, too.

Thanks so much for this forum! I've been to the Smokies (TN and NC sides) and am planning a return in the spring OR early summer. My question is only about flowers/pretty scenery. I understand that wildflowers are prolific in April, not so much in May, and the rhododendrums and flame "somethings" come out in June. :) In May (say towards the middle or end) are there ANY rhododendrums out? What kinds of flowers might we see in profusion?

I also understand that it can be HOT in June (for me anything above 82).

So, if we want mild weather (70's or low 80's) but lots and lots of flowers, when is usually the idea time to come. I know that we can't predict weather for this spring, but generally.

Thanks so much!

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,192 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trouble with understanding blooms in may/june

Here are some links that might help:

nps.gov/grsm/naturescience/wildflowers.htm

nps.gov/grsm/…blooming-shrubs.htm

hikinginthesmokys.com/blog22_wildflower_hike…

williambritten.com/wordpress/…

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
579 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trouble with understanding blooms in may/june

Using the correct spelling, Rhododendrons, may help you search for more info about bloom times. Many of them are called also Azaleas. Sounds like a great trip to me, have fun!

3. Re: trouble with understanding blooms in may/june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 04:15