We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best North Carolina Adventure Trips

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Best North Carolina Adventure Trips

I'm looking for some new outdoor/adventure trip ideas. Anything from mountain biking, hiking, paddling, road biking, or whatever outdoor activity that you enjoy. What have been your favorite NC trips?

Here are two of my favorites:

Mountain Bike Adventure

Day 1: Mountain biked Squirrel Gap/ Turkey Pen - pisgahareasorba.org/2010/… Got sketchy half way through as the rain/mud made the trails really tough to ride.

Got a beer at the Hub and met some local MTBers were a blast to talk to.

Grabbed a bite to eat in downtown Brevard at the Square Root.

Camped at Davidson River Campground.

Day 2: Drove along Pisgah Highway, checked out the Fish Hatchery and went on some of the waterfall hikes

Beach Adventure:

Camped out at the Core Banks. Not super adventurous but a really fun experience. I've camped twice there and the second time, a group of drunk guys on an ATV came over to our tent in the middle of the night. They were harmless but you're in the middle of nowhere so it sketched my wife out a bit. Also, it can be tough to sleep if the wind is howling or if you're sensitive to light (from the lighthouse).

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best North Carolina Adventure Trips

www.HighCountryNC.com

Maybe you can find something of interest.

appalachiantrail.org

Edited: 12 July 2014, 19:46
Waynesville,NC
Level Contributor
345 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best North Carolina Adventure Trips

Have you hiked the AT from Standing Bear Farm in Hartford, TN to Hot Springs, NC? The owners offer car parking, shuttle, etc, making it a really convenient starting point. This route will take you over spectacular Max Patch and Hot Springs is the real thing with a hot tub waiting for you at the end of your hike.

3. Re: Best North Carolina Adventure Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16