We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocation advice NC...Raleigh area?

Ventura, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Relocation advice NC...Raleigh area?

Message: I live in Ventura California with my husband and 11 month old son. I grew up in the Poconos of PA and met my husband while living in Toronto for 4 years. I LOVE so many things about California (progressive people, unbelievable weather, outdoor lifestyle). But, it is very expensive and the schools are terrible. I want to have more children and be a stay at home mom. My parents are retiring to Southport (south of Wilmington) and my brother lives in Charlotte. My husband and I are tossing around the idea of selling our house (cashing out) and moving closer to my family.

We are in our mid 30's, and would like to move someplace safe, with excellent schools. My husband is an artist/graphic designer. We would like to live in a neighborhood with accessibility, rather than a "cookie cuttter" development. We are not into watching sports, but we love a year round active lifestyle, good restaurants, and obviously the arts. We are trying to do our research and narrow the list before making a trip. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you so very much for your time!

Sincerely,

Debra

southcarolina
Level Contributor
704 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocation advice NC...Raleigh area?

We originally came from Southern California and were a little concerned we might miss it......the only thing we are sorry about.....is that we didn't do it sooner. We live in an area that is apx. 20 mins. away from Charlotte in a city called Tega Cay (www.tegacaysc.org) in South Carolina (close to Fort Mill, SC). It is a pennisula city surrounded by Lake Wylie. It has so much to offer, golf, walking trails, tennis, baseball fields, swimming pool and soccer fields. The schools that the children attend are within the Fort Mill School District (the best schools in the state....gaining national attention as well). There is an amusement park (Paramount Carowinds in Fort Mill) and of course the beautiful lake. Please take a look...I think you might like it!

knightdale NC
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocation advice NC...Raleigh area?

hi, moved to raleigh last year from NY and love it, the job oppertunities, weather and resturantes. then moved to Knightdale, 4 miles outside of raleigh, a little smaller but very close to everything.

2 hours to beaches and 2 hours to mountains. have 2 children that love the weather all year round

good luck